Pastor Chris Huff and Anna Brookens will be leaving this Sunday for their mission trip to Haiti, joining a team of over 20 other Christians, mostly from Illinois. They will be leading a sports ministry camp, teaching various sports to children and using this as a way to tell them about Jesus. They will need your prayers! Feel free to pray for them as God leads you. Here are a few suggestions to guide you as you pray for them throughout the week.
Pray that God would keep them safe. (Romans 15:30-31)
- Malaria, Hepatitis A & B, and Typhoid are some of the diseases that are common in Haiti. Pray that they would remain healthy.
- Violence and kidnapping are real threats in Haiti. Pray that God would protect them.
Pray that the Holy Spirit would empower them to be His witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
Pray that God would give them opportunities to share the gospel clearly. (Colossians 4:3-4)
- The official languages are Haitian Creole and French, so they will be relying on translators in most conversations.
- Pray that the gospel is clear even through translations.
Pray that God would give them opportunities to share the gospel boldly. (Ephesians 6:18-20)
- Being in Haiti, a foreign land, with a different culture, and a different language, can be intimidating.
- Pray that they would be strong and courageous.
Pray that they would be active and effective in sharing their faith. (Philemon 1:6)
Pray that God would strengthen them so that they will patiently endure with joy. (Colossians 1:11)
- After being in Haiti several days, they will be tired from the activity and heat (temperatures will be in the high 80’s and 90’s).
- Pray that they would be able to endure, and even continue to be joyful towards the end of the week.
Pray that their service would be acceptable to God. (Romans 15:30-31)
Pray that their lives would glorify Jesus. (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12)
Also pray for lost people they encounter.
- That God would open their eyes, that they might receive forgiveness of sins. (Acts 26:18)
- That God would draw them to Himself. (John 6:44)
- That they would come to their senses and repent, escaping the snare of the devil (2 Timothy 2:24-26)
However God leads you to pray, please pray for them and the ministry they will be involved in every day August 3-10. We’re confident that God will use them and their team to do great things for His glory.